Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blue-State Blues

I love the color blue - it has been my favorite since I was a child. I just wish it didn't represent the Democrats on an election map - too much blue makes me sad on the Wednesday after Election Day.

Three cheers for President-elect Obama!!! He ran an incredible campaign; he is smart, personable, and for the next four years we will be priviliged to listen to the best orator our generation has seen. He will make a good president - I pray that he places good advisors around him and truly listens before he makes decisions.

My one consolation is that the Democrats didn't quite obtain the unconquerable majority they had hoped for. I pray that they will remember they represent the people of America and not go crazy passing far-left legislation.

I fell in love with the TV show West Wing a few years after the series ended. I thought the last season was eerily prophetic - maybe President-elect Obama will appoint Senator McCain as his Secretary of State. Yeah, as likely as a snowball in Hawaii! - but I am gratified that Sen. McCain will still be working his compromises in the Senate.

Three cheers for America!!! God bless her and her leaders!

1 comment:

Gina Rochelle said...

Yes, there was much rejoicing in Jamie's vanpool yesterday. I think they were all wondering who the white boy voted for. I know Obama will do great things for our foreign policy and that is something we're needing so I'm not gonna cry.