Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I've Been Tagged

So, what do you really want to know about me?

1. My husband calls me a Californian, because I was born in San Diego. However, I only lived there for the first six months of my life and have never lived there since, so I don't consider myself a Californian. (My mom was living with her parents while my dad was at tech school for the US Air Force. My gramps was stationed at the naval base there.)

2. I started at a gifted / talented (GT) preschool while we lived in Nevada, attended GT classes until I moved to Texas (I was disqualified when we moved there for some odd reason). I skipped the end of second grade while we lived in Arizona (before we moved to Texas).

3. I attended the Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science at the University of North Texas for my junior and senior year of high school. I was fully enrolled as a college freshman and sophomore those years, took 16 to 19 credits each semester, and lived in McConnell Hall, a dorm just for us minors, on campus. TAMS is considered a high school because we have to take a specific courseload to graduate and so that we can apply for freshman scholarships at the end of our senior year. So, to sum up, I started my freshman year of college at the tender age of 15; I didn't even have a drivers license yet! (Don't act so surprised - you knew I was a nerd!)

4. Despite predictions to the contrary I graduated from BYU before I got married, and I never lived in the "rabbit hutches" (BYU married student housing). THANK GOODNESS!!! Jesse took me to live in Orem (for the last two years we were at BYU) where I was so happy to be "far away" from Provo. (By the way the 23rd is the ten-year anniversary of my graduation from BYU.)

5. I thought I was going to have two black eyes for my wedding. One of my students, a mute sixth grader with autism, proved to be non-compliant and very violent on the first day of school. (Remember I am 5'2" and was only 115 pounds at the time, and although skinny, he was a good two to three inches taller than I.) Among other things, he ended up head-butting my nose twice during that first week, making me fear that I would have black eyes for our labor day wedding that weekend.

6. I have only been medicated during childbirth once, and that was for my last labor with James.

7. I love chocolate - what woman doesn't - but I have been getting snobby about my indulgences. No Hershey's for me; no sir!!! (I will settle for Dove's, though.) I need Lindt's or exotic imported chocolate from Whole Foods (Cinnamon-flavored chocolate is my favorite - okay, addiction - I crave it!) I like to make my own chocolates and have played around with the idea of trying to sell them. Pipe dream, but tantalizing nonetheless.


I tag Monique Shorten, Crystal Mills and Rachel Whetten. Please tell us seven things others might not know about you;).

2 comments:

Emily said...

Cinnamon-flavored chocolate? Ooo...I must try some!

I loved all those interesting things!

Gina Rochelle said...

When Brooke says she has to go to BYU to find a husband my mom points out how many of her siblings (and in-laws) actually found their spouses that way. UNLV apparently has a higher success rate now :-). I am glad however you didn't find your hubby your Freshman year!