Sunday, June 1, 2008

Commencement


Tuesday, we attended Julie's First Grade Award Ceremony and Musical Program. She was awarded cerificates for Citizenship, A Honor Roll, Star Reader, Math Whiz and Star Speller. (Yes, she is amazing!) After the award ceremony, the first graders presented the musical "E-I-E-I-Oops!" Old MacDonald's cow won't "moo"; he turns to the animals for help. The pigs "ham it up," but the cow still won't moo. The sheep search for Little Bo Peep and find her. The chicks vainly strut their stuff. Finally, all the animals tell the cow how beautiful she is, and she moos in agreement. "E-I-E-I-Yahoo!"










Friday was Julie's last day of school. She rode her bike with Dad but did not enjoy it. We picked her up in the afternoon, bought water toys at Target, spent some time reading at Barnes & Noble, then came home to have a water fight. We ended the evening with a viewing of The Secret of NIMH.



Saturday, Julie continued her end-of-school celebration by cleaning the church in the morning and attending a birthday party at noon. I picked her up from the party and took her to Supercuts with me for a shampoo and trim. I now present the glamorous Cannon Girls (ready to party hard this summer):

No comments: