Sunday, June 1, 2008

You Know You Have a Problem When . . .

your children fight at the church about their make-believe game, "Church."

Julie and David like to clean the church during our assigned month. Usually they straighten the hymnals and dust the pews in the chapel while I supervise, but Saturday I used "The Pig" (the industrial-strength vacuum) to clean the chapel, which takes longer, so I sent the kids to wipe down window sills in the rooms around the church. I hadn't seen them for a while, so I stopped the vacuum and went to the Primary room (the most likely place) to find them. They were pretending to hold Primary, and the usual argument of who is in charge of the game ensued. (Julie usually claims David needs to play her way and quits playing if David suggests a variation.) I found it quite hilarious that they were fighting at church over "Church."

2 comments:

Gina Rochelle said...

Actually, I think this post should be renamed "You know you're in Texas if...you call the church vacuum 'the pig'" :). Julie and David kinda remind me of Nate and I when we were little. Nate refused to play Life with me anymore because I would throw a fit if things weren't going my way! We girls just can't help being in charge. You boys just gotta get used to it.

Emily said...

Ha Ha! My kids play the game "Real Fighting in Real Church" I sort of like pretend version better (as long as Julie's in charge, that is).