Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine


9 years ago, while Deborah and I were dating, Deborah conspired with my twin brother Chris (who was my roommate at BYU) to set my alarm clock ahead an hour on Valentine's Day. I woke up at what I thought was the normal time, got ready, and was about to leave when Deborah knocked on my door and invited me to have breakfast with her. Thoughts of getting to class on time quickly dissolved with the sight of a beautiful young woman at my door, offering me food. I happily accepted. On the way over to her apartment she explained that it was really an hour earlier than I thought it was (very tricky...). Turns out I made it to class on time after all.

I enjoyed her pancakes-and her company-so much, however, that I asked her to marry me. 9 years, 2 states, 4 children, and multiple grey hairs (at least one for each child) later, that beautiful young lady and I even more in love, and plan on being even more so another 9 years from now. I still enjoy her company- and her pancakes. Happy Valentine's Day Deborah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May you be blessed with 9X9 more years of joy and happiness! Mom

Emily said...

Aw, you are so sweet, Jesse. What a cute story. . .