Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happily

I often nicknamed myself "Deborah the Dreamer" when I was younger. I always had a story playing in my head, one in which I was a heroine in action instead of the quiet bookworm in the corner. But, this week I looked at my sweetheart Jesse and realized I was living my own story. I had caught the tall, dark, handsome man, and we are living the "happily ever after."

The moment came again after a pretty embarrassing trip to Target. The boys like to hang on the side of the cart and play "garbageman" - I give them an item I need to purchase to put into the cart, our "garbage truck." On this particular trip, Josh wasn't following the rules. He stepped off the front of the cart, and the wheel caught his flip-flop; frustrated, embarrassed (of course, this happened in front of two Target employees), and relieved I hadn't run-over his foot, I put him in the basket. We were done by then, so I pushed on to a cashier. As I cooled down, I looked down at my three blonde boys, one with curls, and counted three blessings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen. I count those blessings daily as well.

Granny Nona

Brady and Rachel said...

What a beautiful family you guys have. Two curly heads too. That gives me hope maybe we will get another one down the road, who knows. Family is wonderful, but I am glad to hear of your embarrasing moment, since I have them too in the grocery store with my two boys. I never thought of the shopping cart like a garbage truck, I need to give that a try, Tayson LOVES garbage trucks.