Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Two Year-Old That Wasn't

We celebrated Josh's third birthday on the 22nd. Because Easter was the next day, we celebrated his birthday with an Easter egg hunt with cousins. We had eaten a special dinner with his Granny Nona (Deb's mom) the night before and had cake (without candles) when we got home from the egg hunt.

In all honesty, I have thought Josh was three for several months. He has always been "large in stature." He plays right along with Julie and David, never more than a step or two behind them. More often than not, I have had to stop when I am getting frustrated with him, cool down, and remind myself that he is only two.

One day, just after the school year started, the man checking my receipt at Costco asked, "Hasn't school started?" implying that both boys should be in school, not with me. I replied that Dave had missed the birthday deadline and that Josh was only 2 1/2. He looked genuinely shocked! It is so cliche, but I would be rich if I had a dollar for every time someone asked me if Josh and Dave are twins. . . . Okay, with inflation, maybe not, but even our friends get the two boys confused at times.

Josh is such a sweetheart! My heart misses a beat when he sweetly comes to me and says, "Me need you," lifting his arms for me to pick him up. I am so glad this sweet New York baby came to our family!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Aw, me too.

And for the record - I thought he was three last summer. I love your kids :)

Gina Rochelle said...

Cute pic. He is a sweetie! Give him a birthday kiss from all of us!