Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Love of My Life



This is Jesse, the love of my life. On September 2 we celebrated our seventh anniversary. Although the picture above is almost three years old, Jesse hasn't changed much . . . except for the addition of a few white hairs. This picture epitomizes Jesse: he is an inventive, handy kind of guy who likes his manly tools (insert Tim the Tool Man grunts here). In the picture he fixed a water heater at the Cannon family ranch in Utah. Since we moved to Texas, he has fixed my dryer and my vacuum and my van's radiator system, saving us tons of money in labor costs. I do have to admit -- it took me a while to back off and let him work. My brothers would take things apart when I was growing up but they could never put anything back together to work again (love you, Tim). For a long time I would fret when Jesse started a project, worrying that I would never use whatever again. But I have finally relaxed and let him go at it, grateful that he is so handy.
My favorite thing about Jesse is his soft-spoken nature. He can calm our home when my fiery temper gets out of control. He is more quick to show compassion to the children when they are in need, especially at the end of the day when my patience is worn thin. Needless to say, he is my better half. There are many times that I wonder why he married me with all my weaknesses and bad habits, but I am truly grateful he turns a blind eye to those things to love me and to lift me. What a guy!!!

1 comment:

Gina Rochelle said...

Man, I wish I could say Jesse's soft spoken nature ran through the family, but I'm afraid I match the description of you Deborah (although I don't feel that was a fair description of you :) ) And he married you because you're such a good match and a great parenting team!