Saturday, September 1, 2007

Middle Child

David likes to find humor in everything, even in getting into trouble. One day he was in the bathroom playing in the sink, and I was giving him a lecture with an extra serious face. He had been playing with a pour spout that had been cut out of a half-gallon milk carton; he proceeded to put the spout in his mouth and stick his tongue through it. I couldn't help myself: I burst out laughing. So much for my serious lecture!
David loves all things fun! If he isn't having fun, he lets you know. He used to enjoy playing with trains; now he prefers to build bridges for the trains out of legos to elevate the tracks. He likes to build models with Daddy and make houses out of lincoln logs or couch pillows. He loves to play in our sandbox outside and to ride his bike really, really fast. He loves to tell the knock-knock jokes we have taught him - all two of them! over and over again!
My favorite thing about David is his sweetness. He always compliments Mommy or Julie when we are dressed up and "so beautiful." He loves his baby brother; he helps James be happy if Mommy needs an extra minute or two to finish something. If I remember to ask him to be a helper, he follows directions more quickly than if I command him brusquely.

2 comments:

Shorten Blog said...

Debbie,
I can't believe how big your children have gotten. They're so beautiful!
Love
Monique Shorten

Granny Nona said...

What beautiful children. I am sure that they have a very proud Nona! Love ya'll!