Sunday, September 16, 2007

Me, Myself, and I

So of course I have chosen to post the most flattering picture I have of myself. This was actually taken while I was still pregnant with James. By now, my hair is about three inches longer and I am -- well -- about the same weight, unfortunately. My excuses include: no time to exercise with four children demanding my attention; I can't wake up before the kids because they just wake up with me; evening is either Jesse time or church time or choir time. Maybe someday when all the kids are in school, and I have time to myself. . . .
I love to read, but I have learned to be cautious. I can easily immerse myself in a good book, but I ignore my children and household until I finish it, so I have found it best to read magazines or quick newspaper articles online. The books I have been reading lately are nonfiction subjects such as economics and politics. I can easily put them down and ignore them for a couple of weeks until I can pick them up again. Of course, I did treat myself to the seventh Harry Potter when it came out in July.
I started singing in an amateur choir this fall. Since I have only ever sung in church choirs, I was pretty surprised at the intensity of our first rehearsal. One requirement for membership in the choir is to learn the music on your own time. My week after getting the music was quite busy, so I looked only at the two pieces the director specifically requested we have ready for the next week. Naturally, I stumbled along when he had us sing two or three more pieces that evening. I have since mended my ways and reviewed the music daily, even if it has only been to work out trouble spots on one or two pieces. I will be more prepared next Thursday!
Th-th-th-that's all folks. It's dinner time. And the kids are getting a little crazy from being ignored for half an hour. (Daddy was on the phone while I was writing.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful young woman. You must have a proud mother!